Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Writing with an accent

I have been working on a training manual for all of or 65,000+ employees. I sent it to my vp for revisions and corrections. Today I have been trying to incorporate his edits into my manual. All of his edits were done by hand and he has really bad writing.

I asked my co-worker to help me decipher a phrase.

Me: What does this say?
Her: inclusion of duty. Is that all? That was easy.
Me: I can't understand his writing.
Her: Your writing is worse. You write with an accent!
Me: An accent?
Her: Yes, you know. A Spanish accent.

Interesting. Can someone write with an accent?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then, I write things with a Japanese accent? i didn't notice.....

Robert said...

At times I couldn't even decipher my own writing. I think I'm just out of practice!

KB said...

Yes, you do occasionally write with an accent. When I dealt with Ken and Masa over in Japan, they always spoke with a japanese accent, and I'd find myself responding in the same way! It's funny and fun! My freind Namee (aka Megan) Who is Korean, and she writes in an accent badly. She so funny too! (That was my attempt to write in an asian accent)

Shigeki, I have not noticed that you write with an accent. I'll start paying attention though and let you know. :o)

Martinez Family said...

I have to weigh in here, considering I've spent HOURS reviewing papers you've written. I don't see much of an "accent" in what you write. Everyone has their own little quirks. I've never detected anything particularly Spanish about yours.

KB said...

Ok. If your talking his professional papers, no, I don't see/hear an accent. But definately from time to time when your just emailing me, or writting in your blog you have one.

porchmouse said...

Do I write with a Canadian accent, eh?