Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Reminisce

I was sitting in a meeting this morning and all of a sudden I feel the exact same way I felt that cold afternoon as we walked down to eat at our favorite little restaurant. It felt so real, had I closed my eyes I could have felt his arms around me, his breath as he whispered something silly.

I couldn't help it. As soon as I left the meeting I called him, I just had the urge to hear his voice. We talked for about 20 minutes and he was telling me about his white water rafting trip he just got back from and the job search. I listened.

It's funny how sometimes you miss feelings that were never really yours to begin with.

8 comments:

Martinez Family said...

Did you have food at the meeting? I know that's an odd thing to ask. But for me certain smells conjure up really vivid memories. Makes me wonder if there was a food-restaurant connection.

You sound melancholy. That makes me sad. :(

savante said...

You sound depressed. Time to take a break and get away from it all, man.

paul

Robert said...

I've always loved the word 'melancholy'... it's so quiet and private, yet powerfully solemn.

Nostalgia! Anyway, it's good to feel like such - whatever it may be... find a balance.

Happy Wednesday Cesar.

dantallion said...

That last sentence is absolutely brilliant.

porchmouse said...

agree with dantallion...about the last sentence.

Will said...

Music does it for me. There's one song that always transports me to London, another sends me back to Bangkok. I cherish those memories, so you hang onto those feelings, my friend. They ARE yours.

ça va pas la tête said...

When things are not so well for me. I always tell myself - THE BEST IS YET TO BE.

Hang on there, buddy.

Just Me said...

Thanks for the comments guys. :)