Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Baby Mama

We saw the movie Baby Mama this weekend. It’s not the type of movie I would normally watch but a friend wanted to see it and he had been asking for a few weeks for us to go with him and his partner. We bought our tickets on line and invited a few other people and when it came down to it, the friend who really wanted to go see it never showed up. Apparently he overslept or something.

The movie was hilarious. It’s all predictable but you still have a good time laughing at their silly antics. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are both amazingly good. It also has a lot of good actors like Sigourney Weaver and Steve Martin. Normally, I don’t enjoy movies with Steve Martin because he seems to be a bit to over-the-top but it was a much toned down version of his normal acting.

Anyway, the story line is this: Successful unmarried woman (Tina Fey) puts her career before family, now she wants to have a baby. Woman tries adoption and to get pregnant but she cant so she turns to an agency that finds surrogate mothers (owned by Sigourney Weaver) and she is matched with Amy Poehler’s character. The surrogate lies about being pregnant so she can continue getting checks, she breaks up with her boyfriend and movies in with her…funny scenes follow. I won’t ruin the end just in case you want to watch it.

4 comments:

Topher said...

That's funny your friend one that wanted to see it the most missed it :D

Hilarious movie indeed!! I was cracking up a LOT when we watched this. Let me out of this spaceship!!
Ooo, and when Tina Fay dropped Amy off and Amy's like 'let me give you money for gas' and started feeling for some when she damn knew she didn't have any

Just Me said...

The money scene was funny. I also liked when she was peeing in the sink and said "There's somethign wrong with your toilet".

Funny!

porchmouse said...

Hey, I just saw it tonight. It was pretty funny. I wanted to write what I thought "should have" happened but I don't want to give anything away either so I'll email you sometime.

Just Me said...

Sue: I like your ending much better. That would have been sweet.