Friday, June 30, 2006

Unsympathetic

I have talked about my friend Horatio,
here and here. Here is the quick summary. Horatio and Mike have been dating for 4 years now. They have broken up once about two years ago when they lived in another city in TX because Mike was cheating on Horatio. He confessed and everything. They moved to the DFW area after Horatio finished with optometry school and Mike basically stays at home and lives off of Horatio. Horatio is in his early 30's and Mike is in his early 20's.

Guess what? They are pregnant! No, not really. Mike is cheating on Horatio again. Well, I say again but he never really stopped. We ALL knew about it but Horatio never wanted to believe it. I got a call from Horatio last night telling me that he has broken up with Mike and has kicked him out. Mike has been sleeping with other men while Horatio is at work. He also goes out to the clubs and whores around. Horatio found out because one of the guys Mike has been seeing told him. Yeap, it is all very interesting. Well, not really.

Last night when he called I couldn't help it...but I just wasn't interested. I think he was expecting a lot more sympathy from me but I just wasn't able to give him any. I heard the story, he told me he was better off without him, and all of the usual breakup stuff. Normally, I would have been supportive and would have told anyone else everything they wanted to hear...but I just couldn't do it. Especially when he tries to pretend he just found out...uhmm...NO, you have known about it for almost 3 years. My comments were more like "Didn't you already know he was cheating on you?".

We are suppose to be at a BBQ on Sunday and I am dreading going because I know he is going to tell the story to anyone that will listen. He likes to play the victim and leaves parts of the story out that make him like look like he is at fault.

Anyway - Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to your situation. Your feeling toward Horatio is very right. Horatio should have become wiser. (sorry I don't mean to badmouth about your friend) when he talks about it and tells all the old stories, you can just say "What's new?". I know he is not gonna like it but he should realize he should move on. Or am I being a cold bitch? I hope not. You have a fantabulous weekend!

KB said...

I know what you mean about being unsypathetic. If they aren't going to help themselves after all this time, they are never going to.

I have a friend who's husband has been cheating on her for 2 years, and she knows about it, but she won't sign the divorce papers because he hasn't "actually ever said" he wants a divorce or that he "doesn't love her". Oh, but she's had them drawn up. And has said she's going to sign them. But I know she never will.

She told me recently that she's been sleeping with him again. So basically this guy is getting what he wants from both women, and my friend is too stupid to get out. She thinks he's going to come back to her and be faithful. Although it hasn't happened yet, and I'm sure it never will. He doesn't even try hide it anymore. It's so disrespectful, and I'm so anoyed that she isn't helping herself, and her two kids. That I've just stopped giving advice and being sympothetic.

I can't believe Mike still doesn't have a job. Horatio obviously likes the drama, and he's not going to do anything about it now. Sure the guy is out of the house right now, but I guarantee that he'll be back. H loves the drama too much to give it up now.

He'll go home at night to an empty house, and take the bastard back because he doesn't want to spend the time finding someone new, and possibly a Positive, Healthy relationship. Why? Because that takes time and effort. Time that people don't want to spend because that means they have to be alone for a while. People! Garsh! Grrr!

Robert said...

To each his own, right?

Yeah, I'm the same way with you. You're not being "unsympatheic", it's just that these days [the older we get] you have more important things to work on... Why tell him the stuff that he already know?!? That's just wasting your time and his.

When you see him this weekend, give him your blessings and then change the subject.

Just Me said...

Shigeki - I agree, Horatio should have been wiser. I don't like it when people try to play the role of the victim. If you caused your own issue then take responsability for it.

KB - I agree, Horatio likes the drama. That is one of the reasons I don't want to go to the bbq tonight. That is all they are going to be talking about and I will have to say something.

Robert - I will try to change the subject but with him it is always about him when he has something going on. I will do my best to be as tactful as possible.