Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Is he or isn't he?

Have I mentioned that I am not very good at telling when guys are flirting with me? Most of the time I just think guys are being friendly.

So here is a hypothetical for you: Let’s say I met a guy at an event last night. We didn't talk very much but we exchanged business cards. Later at dinner I caught him looking over at me a couple of times and sort of smile.

This morning he calls me and we chat about his job, my job, etc and he suggests that we get together for lunch or drinks sometime. We didn't set a day or time. So I can't tell if it is one of those things people say like "I will call you or let’s do lunch sometime."

Later, after the phone conversation I get a message saying how glad he is he went to the event last night. He didn't say it was because he met me...but I sort of think it is implied. Or am I wrong?

Do you think he is kind of flirting with me? A little? I can't tell. I normally send an email after attending an event telling people I met how great it was to meet them, maybe he calls people instead of emailing them.

I don't know. But he is cute; he is 32 but looks like he is in his early 20's.

Opinions? Observations?

9 comments:

Martinez Family said...

I think it's human nature to put forth as little effort as possible. Seeing as how this guy had the initiative to give you a business card, catch your eye later on, CALL you and send a message to you, it would be logical to assume that he's at least somewhat interested in you.

Good gawd. How many subtle hints do you need???

KB said...

I think that if he's gay, then he was hitting on you. In the straight world, if a man gives you more attention than you expected from him, then he is hitting on you. According to my all wise husband, they are always hitting on you, just because it is their nature to hit on you. So if you apply that to a gay man, I'm going to say he was hitting on you.

Remember when we went to the Caramelo Reading and that guy in line in front of us kept talking to us, and I thought he was hitting on you, and you thought he was hitting on me? At the end of the night didn't he give you his business card? Which means I was right, and you were wrong. ;o) My point being, this new dude was hitting on you.

Robert said...

He wants your ass Cesar... Your ASSSSS!

But seriously, all jokes aside... I think that's mos def flirting from him. If you guys haven't set a date/time yet to meet for lunch, since he called you last, you might want to give him a call back?!? Don't expect anything, just like meeting a new friend. That's fun, and it will be. If after you talked to him, no chemistry, fine, if so, dandy. I think you'll have a great time regardless.

ASSSSSS!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

He said he was glad he met you the other night. Isn't that enough?

Darn, I kinda took offense when you mentioned "He is 32 BUT" hahaha. I am being sensitive. :-)

Go get him, tiger.

Just Me said...

SM - I tell you that I can't tell. I really can't tell. You have to tell me "I LIKE YOU, DO YOU WANT TO GO OUT ON A DATE"

KB - I remember that guy but I still don't think he was gay. If he was I never called him and he never called me.

Robert - He does want my ASSSSS! But I don't think he is going to get it. I think he is a bit to needy. He has been calling me way to much and emailing me waaaay to much. I need someone a little less needy.

Shigeki - 32 is a great age. I only date guys that are between 26 and 33. So he is in my age group ;)

ça va pas la tête said...

hmmm way to go..

I think he is hitting on you. Well, guys, unless they are interested will never take any initiative in calling people up. ;)

porchmouse said...

Jump him! Ha ha. I just got home and am very tired but I do think he was flirting...that's all.

MeHereNow said...

He soooo was hitting on you!

Not that you know me and therefore care but thought I'd say "hi"!

P.S.32 - great age!!

Will said...

Now, don't say that you need someone to be direct rather than subtle and then critique him for being "too needy." He's trying to let you know. Go out with him and see what he's like beyond his nervous, initial "I like him!" thing. :-)