Thursday, June 22, 2006

Invisible

Have you ever been in a room full of people and felt completely invisible?

Well, I did...tonight.

I was my friend Chico's plus one at the end-of-season dinner for the gay rugby team in Dallas. I knew a couple of the players and everyone there seems like really good people. Unfortunately the restaurant staff didn't see me all night. Everyone got their dinner...except for me. Everyone got their dessert...except me. WTF?

At the end of the night the waitress came over and apologized, she was really sincere so all was good.

Anyway - tomorrow is Friday. I am so ready for the weekend!

5 comments:

TopCat said...

Happens to me all the time. My headmistress (is that a real English word?) from school said to me 'You will always be the plainest person in the room'. It's true!

Anonymous said...

OH NO! That's horrible. I am sorry. how did it happen?

On the other hand, I hope things will be fun over the weekend. :-) Have a fantabulous one!

porchmouse said...

That's horrible...did they at least give you a free drink?

savante said...

Gay rugby players. Gimme a moment to fantasize.

Paul

KB said...

Did you tell that waitress, "That's OK because your not getting a tip either!"