Sunday, June 25, 2006

Car woes

I had an early facial appointment on Saturday morning. The gear wouldn't move (I have an automatic...not sure if it is called a gear or not) and yes, the car was on. So I spent 20 minutes on the phone with the manufacturer and they walked me through what to do but told me I needed to get my car to the shop ASAP.

I was about 20 minutes from home and there is a car dealership close to my house so I was planning on driving home and just having someone pick me up from the dealership but I couldn't get a hold of anyone. Luckily there was a car dealership close to where I was having problems so I just stopped there. A few hours later they determined that my brake something or other was broken.

After a few hours of waiting I was so frustrated. I hadn't had breakfast or lunch and I had a horrible headache and it wouldn't go away. One of my friends brought me some extra strength pills and those seemed to help so we went off to dinner. I guess the day started off bad but it ended well.

You want to know what the best part of having my car break down?
They cleaned it for me :) I had not cleaned my car in about 9 months and it really needed to be cleaned.

6 comments:

KB said...

Gotta love it when they clean your car! I have decided that I'm getting my car professionally cleaned when I get it back from my uncle.

I love a clean car! I especially love it when someone else cleans it!

Anonymous said...

Well, didn't you miss telling us how hot mechanics were? I mean please make them hot in your story even if they weren't for real. :-)

I hope your headache is totally gone by now. Have a happy week!

KB said...

If you get a mechanic that doesn't have their butt crack hanging out, they are usually hot.

I first thought my man was hot when he came out on one of those rolly things from under a car, all full of dirt, and muscles bulging. Then he winked at me. I was in love.

Topher said...

OMG, nine months!!! That's a long ass time lol.. If I'm too lazy to clean it, I go to one of those places where they clean inside and out for ya.

That's good they figured out what was wrong with the brake. We would NOT have wanted to know you were briving around with a faulty one, Ces.

I love the scent of a fresh car. Mmmm, get a spongebob freshener!!!

KB said...

Good point about the brake Kris. I don't know if you've ever ridden in the care with him behind the wheel. Let me just say, her relies heavily on his brake!

I think I've even mentioned that one day his brakes aren't going to work, and I hope I'm not with him when that happens! ha ha ha!

Hi braking is so bad, that he almost makes me puke sometimes. Literally! I've been on the verge several times.

Just Me said...

KB - When are you getting your car back? Haven't you been without it for a while now?

Shigeki - Oh, the mechanics were HOT. H-O-T, HOT! :)

KB - These mechanics were not HOT at all!

Kris - Yes, it has been a while. I use to take my car to get cleaned profesionally at least once a month but that hasn't happened since I moved.

I am glad I got them fixed too. And it didn't cost me that much.

KB - You are such exajerada (it means embellisher in spanish)! I am sure SM would confirm that I am not that bad of a driver.
But I do relly on my breaks when I need to stop ;) and I need to stop often...espcially when I have someone sitting next to me and I am looking at them and not the road.