Sunday, June 11, 2006

I am tired

I am tired of people bitching about issues going on in the world or in their lives and then doing nothing about it.

You don't like the way gay people are being treated?
Do something about it

You don't like the way African Americans are being discriminated against?
Do something about it

You read an article you don't agree with?
Do something about it

Sitting on your ass and complaining about it to me is not going to get you anywhere. I will be more than happy to listen to you bitch 3 times, but if you haven't done anything about it after the third time don't expect me to be as nice about it. You are just wasting your time and mine.

I understand we all need someone to vent to but if the issue is really important to you then please do something about it. Don't take a passive role and expect someone else to do all of the hard work for you because if that is the case things will never change. I am not expecting my friends to go out and change the world but how nice would it be if everyone who is concerned about a social issue actually did something about it? Can you imagine the social impact that would have?

5 comments:

Martinez Family said...

Are you railing against society in general? Way to show some indignation! Power to the people!

Seriously, though. I understand where you're coming from. It gets really tiresome hearing people complain. Especially people who aren't engaged in society. Contacting legislators, signing petitions and presenting reasoned arguments takes time and effort. Something few people are willing to expend.

(Shamelss activist plug: Vist Moms Rising, an effort to promote a a family friendly America: www.momsrising.com.) ;)

Robert said...

Amen to that Cesar! I know a good few are just like that, now I refuse to listen to their 'problems'. 'nough said!

Happy Monday!

KB said...

I totally agree man! I have said this for years. If you want to complain once or twice, that is fine, but if it becomes the same gripe everytime you talk to me, my question is always, "So what are you gonna do about it?!"

A person only achieves what they actively persue.

Hmm... I think I've asked you this very same question regarding a few topics. The main one that comes in mind is a certain young fellow you won't stop talking to.

KB said...

Sorry fwmama. I'm against families.
OK. Actually, I'm just anti kid.
ha ha ha! OK. I'm just ignorant parents with bratty spoiled kids.

Just Me said...

SM - Not society, just people that bitch :)

Robert - I refuse too. I am tired of all of that shit!

KB - Hmm, when was the last time I even talked to you about Wade? And when have I complained about Wade?