Sunday, October 29, 2006

Weekend




I had a fantastic weekend.

I took a little road trip to see my little brother at his college. It was homecoming weekend and he was nominated to be homecoming king. Unfortunately he didn't win but we had a great time at the tail gate party, the football game, and then we went to the gay bars.

One of the guys I am dating went with me and it was a great opportunity for us to get to know each other more. It was a 6 hour round trip so we had a lot of time to talk and get to know each other. He is a great guy and we talked a lot about "us" and our dating situation.

I am glad he went with me. He helped me out by telling me when to cheer and when to sit down at the football game. I think I got the hang of it though and I will probably be watching more football.

After the game we parted ways with my brother and his friends and we were going to drive back home but decided to go to the gay bars in the small college town. Since we didn't really prepare for that we didn't know how to get there. So I called my brother and surprisingly he knew where they were. Even after he gave us directions we couldn't find the gay bar so we went and picked up my brother and he took us. He didn't stay but he at least showed us where the place was.

We decided to make the two hour drive back home so we left the bars at 1 and got home at three. We didn't get out of bed until 1:30 today, went and grabbed lunch, and then came back home and took naps off and on until 7 p.m.

Oh, and guess what? On the drive back we saw a shooting star. It was AMAZING and beautiful!

2 comments:

KB said...

One good thing about living in no mans land is that we see shooting stars all the time. They are totally awesome. Occasionally we can see the Aurora Borialis too. Now if you haven't ever seen that, you're in for something crazy!

porchmouse said...

I just realized you wrote "one of the guys" you are dating...then I realized I missed Fridays post. Where is my head? Funny. Shooting stars are wicked...hope you made a wish.