Thursday, October 12, 2006

Foot in My Mouth

In one of my previous post I mentioned I signed up for Match.com because I was depressed about my current relationship status. I met a guy, we really haven't talked much but we are getting to know each other. We will see where it goes.

Here is an excerpt of our conversation last night:

Him: I am sorry I didn't call you back yesterday. My mom and my aunt started calling me at 5 in the morning and I was tired.
Me: At 5 in the morning? Why? If anyone calls me that early somebody better be dead.
Him: Well...
Me: Oh, I am sorry.

Turns out his granfather died. I think I just lost all chances of getting together with that guy.

5 comments:

Martinez Family said...

Ack! Sorry, bud. I don't know of a way to smooth that over.

KB said...

OMG! That's terrible. But I doubt that it will kill your chances at a relationship with the guy. How often do people dye anyway really? If the two of you have been talking before the comment, I'm sure he'd understand a little about your personality, and know you didn't mean anything horrible by it. Ouch though.

I think I'm going to call you tomorrow morning at 5 am.

butterfly said...

YIPES! that hadta hurt. well, if he's an easy goin guy, he might be able to get past the fact that you were joking a bit....and meant no harm.

Topher said...

You would not have known that it was what actually happened lol. Hopefully, he'll see past that and realize that you didn't mean no harm :) Good lucj.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAAhhaahhaHAHAHAAHahhahHAA
Be cool to look back on that in a few years and have a good laugh. :)