Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Lessons Learned

I learned two important lessons today.

Cat got my tongue
Why do I volunteer to pick up a package from a guy I have a crush on? Haven't I learned that when I have a crush on someone I turn into a blubbering idiot?

I learned not to be around cute guys I have a crush on. IDIOT!

Dress me up, dress me down
As I was getting ready to go to lunch my boss approached me and wanted to know if I wanted to go to a luncheon for some award presentation. I would be taking our boss', boss' boss place at the luncheon.
Me being the good employee that I am, tried to get out of it because I am not dressed appropriately for a luncheon. Since I really couldn't say no I had to borrow a co-workers tie and went without a coat. I was way under dressed.

I learned to keep a tie and a coat at work.

5 comments:

porchmouse said...

I hate that underdressed feeling. More importantly...how was lunch? Sorry, had to ask.

By the way, what ever made you think of venturing to Maine for vacation?

butterfly said...

psssst....i'm back. it's laura! :)

joey said...

Oh you poor thing! I am so glad i get to wear standard geek wear most days - polo shirt and khakis.

KB said...

I totally thought that package thing was a metophor. You know how I love me some good package. ha! Well, if you don't hang out with the people you have crushes on, how are you supposed to lay them eventually?

KB said...

One more. I'd love to pick up your package hot boy.

That is all...