Monday, October 02, 2006

State Fair

I went to the state fair today and had a great time. This will mostly be a picture post. For those of you who have not been to the State Fair of Texas, it's all about eating. Eating fried food. And eat I did.


I went to the fair with my friend Kathy, her daughter Cloey, her niece, and her mom. Do you see the monkey in the picture? I won that playing a game at the fair.


For a Monday, there was a lot of people there.


The only game I rode was the merry go round.


We had a lot of food. This is my first corn dog. Kathy and I later shared a Jalapeno and cheese corn dog.


Tornado Fries


Fried Oreo Cookies. Sounds nasty...and it is!


The inside of the fried oreo cookie


Fried Coke
I am not sure how they fry a liquid. All I know is that it was NASTY!


More fried coke

I also has a bratwurst. I didn't take a picture of that.

6 comments:

porchmouse said...

WHOA. That is intense...when you said fried, you meant fried...first off, what are tornado fries? Spicy fries? Mmm...and that fried oreo thing. Tell me more tell me more! :)

Martinez Family said...

Hope you took along some tums.

ENVY said...

yum yum!

nv

KB said...

Why is it we never went to the fair together? Here I was going on blind dates, and with people that didn't like to eat to the fair. Why did we never come up with that as one of our activities to do together?

I'm jealous. I didn't get to go to any fairs this year. My lame husband didn't want to go, and I have no friends to go with out here.

Topher said...

Wow, some of those look really yummy. I would have been all over the funnel cake sellers

Just Me said...

Sue - Tornado fries are just fries but they are in the shape of a spiral and very thin. They have Jalapeno ketchup and very good.

The fried oreo wasn't very good. It was good to try it but I would not get it again. It tasted like...lard.

SM - I did. I was so sick that night, it was bad.

Envy - It was good, but I was so sick that night.

KB - :) Love you!

Kris - The funnel cake smelled good but I couldnt' eat anything more. I was so full.