Sunday, August 01, 2004

What Could Have Been

Have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if one or two things in your life had been different?

I was driving to meet friends for dinner this evening and as I was at a red light I looked over and saw a guy that had some resemblance to me. The guy was about my age and he was in his 4 door car with his wife in the passengers seat and two cute kids in the back seat. As I sat there I could see what my life would have been like had I been straight. It was strange, I sat there and imagined my whole 26 years of existence but with one major change, in my scenario I was straight and my life was totally different. As I kept on driving I thought of other aspects of my life that would have been different had I made other choices.

I thought of different scenarios and changed one small detail but the small detail changed the outcome of my imaginary life. As we go through our day to day activities and we make decisions most of the time we don't think of the impact these small decisions will have on our lives.

No comments: