Thursday, August 26, 2004

Kerry/Edwards Lawn Sign

I put up a new John Kerry and John Edwards lawn sign up last night.
For those of you who have not heard my story here it is, I will give you the condensed version.

My last lawn sign was stolen from my yard and my bumper sticker was removed from my car. I don't know who would be brave enough to go to someone else's property and remove something that they have put up.

On to other news:

Last night I was invited to a lawn sign making party. A lady in Fort Worth purchased 1,000 signs with her own money, that is about $10,000 to $15,000 once you take into account the stakes, nails, etc.
Yesterday a bunch of people went to her house and helped her put the signs together. It was a little assembly line. Some people stapled, others nailed, stacked, and bundled. It was great. We were able to put most of the 1,000 signs together before the sun went down. She is selling them for $2 if anyone is interested. Once she is able to get rid of all of these she is going to purchase 1,000 more and distribute those as well.
I am really excited, I hope to see all of those 1,000 signs out in Fort Worth over the next few weeks. Next time I see a lawn sign in a yard I will wonder if it was one of the ones I helped put together.

Isn't activism great? Last night I felt as if I was actually making a difference.

No comments: