Sunday, August 29, 2004

I loved my weekend.

I had one of the best weekends I have had in a very long time. It is going to sound corny but I am going to say it anyway...I saw most of the people I care about this weekend. My friends...my family...life is good.

My friend Kerry came in from Minnesota to visit and we hanged out all weekend. Having her in the house made me wish I had a roommate but I wonder if I enjoyed it so much because it was Kerry and because I knew it was temporary? Regardless, we had a great time (or at least I hope she did too).

She flew in on Thursday and we got home from the airport around 10:30 p.m., we wanted to go to Don Pablo’s for their $2 margaritas but they were close so we decided to just go home have a drink and watch a movie. I made Sip-&-Strip and we watched Chocolat. If you have not watched this movie, I definitely recommend it, it was very good and it might have even been funny. Kerry and I kept laughing; it could have been that we were drunk or that the movie was funny. I don’t really know.
Friday wasn't as fun, I went to work and she ran errands. At night we went to my sister’s house for her b-day party. The food was GREAT.

Saturday we went shopping all day and I spent way too much money but I did get some really good deals. That night we were picked up Chico to go to the bars in gayville. When we got to Chico's house he had already been drinking, what a lush, a bottle of wine. He did leave some for us 
We met up with Ash and Seyd at the bars and later by one of their friends. We went to our usual bars…drank a little and danced a little.

Kerry left me today. It was sad to see her go but she called me a while ago and told me her husband was waiting for her at her apartment when she got there. I thought that was the sweetest thing because he had to drive three hours to see her. I knew that Darin was a good guy.

After I dropped Kerry off at the airport I went to my friend Sarah and Will's house, we ordered food and had a good chat. I am so glad they live so close to me, it helps them having them so close to me.

I have to go back to work tomorrow…..I am not looking forward to that. I think I am catching a cold, I hope I get over it before my trip next weekend.

No comments: