Friday, May 21, 2004

Traumatic Experience!!

I was stuck in an elevator at work for 40 minutes today. The worse part about it is that I was in there with 12 people. We could not sit, we could not shift, we could not breathe. It was horrible. I think I have been emotionally scared for life. O.K. well, maybe just until the end of the day.
It wasn’t so bad until someone announced they were claustrophobic and started to exaggerate. I know there are a lot of claustrophobic people out there and there were actually 3 in the elevator with us but the two other ones were acting just fine. The one that was loosing control was my boss’s boss. I was on the phone with security people trying to explain to them what was going on and they were having a hard time hearing me so she started to scream. I swear she is psycho. I have never talked about her before on my blog because someone from work may read it one day but right now I don’t care.
When I talk about her with my friends I either refer to her as Crazy or My Psycho Boss. After she stopped screaming she got on the phone with her fiancé, who she met 2 months ago and is now engaged to and will marry in less than 2 weeks, and was all lovey-dovey. It was sick!!!!
Anyway, 40 minutes later we were all HOT, sweaty, and I was getting agitated. Everyone in the elevator was talking and it was getting loud and psycho was back to being her giggly-neurotic self. A few minutes later she said she was feeling sick and was going to throw up, I looked at her and told her “Open your purse because you are not going to throw up on me” she looked at me and got tears in her eyes. It pisses me off because she just likes the attention. She was fine when we were in the elevator and as soon as she got out and there was an audience, it was lunch time and everyone was in the lobby, she started to cry and howl. It was so embarrassing, how can someone so disturbed make it to the ranks of upper management?

We did have some funny conversation in the elevator. One of the ladies on the elevator was wearing her blouse inside out and that sparked some interesting topics about people doing summersaults in their underwear but I will leave that for another time.
We also went back to primitive grooming rituals, a lady that was standing behind me picked something out of my hair, kept touching my ass, and started to blow on my neck. It was all very strange but it was quite funny.

We were finally rescued by the Fire Department and the Otis elevator repair people, I spoke with the firemen and the Otis guys and apparently it was just an elevator malfunction. While we were in there I was speaking with the security guy and they were having a lot of problems, they were considering coming in through the side panels because the doors would not open.

I found I can keep my cool in most situations; it just depends on the people that are in these situations with me. If I know you like attention don’t expect me to be to concerned with your pitiful plights but if I know you are concerned I will do my best to try to consol you.

Enough of me ranting and raving. We did have a wonderful lunch experience, luckily she went back to her office because she was to upset (psycho) and the company and the food was exceptionally good. I don’t know if it was because it was almost 1 and I normally eat around 11:30 but it was good.

Moral of the story: Never, EVER, get stuck in an elevator with Psycho boss!!!!

No comments: