Thursday, May 06, 2004

Confused...oh so confused

I have pretty much decided I am taking the job but now I just have to tell my boss. I am more afraid of telling him than I am of starting a new position.
I know it is for the best and I am sure I will do great at my new position...but I still have a lot of strong feelings.
This morning I read my inspirational book "Who Moved My Cheese?" and I asked my self a questions:What would I do if I wasn't scared? Well, I would take the money and run, I would be open to new experiences and I would love it there. I would get use to the drive or I would move closer to that area.

I also read the statement that says something like "Keep smelling the cheese, you will know when it gets stale" and I think my current position will be stale once I finish my project. A guy I use to know would say "Anything that is stagnant stinks" and it is true, I think my position has been stagnant with mild periods of activity every now and then.

So here is my decision: I am taking the job. But when I tell my boss I am going to suggest that they make me an associate manager here and I can oversee two departments with a nice pay increase. I don't think they are going to go for that but it is worth a shot.

No comments: