Monday, May 10, 2004

Nothing to Say!!!

People seem to know exactly when to bring up the worst subject. I was over at a friends house and my friend brought up the subject of my ex. It has been over 1 year since we dated, it has been over 1 year since I talked to them about him. It wasn't the best time to bring up that conversation since I was already a little sensitive about the issue. I flew his question off by changing the subject but it made me wonder, why is it that ex's become more interesting after you are no longer together? What is it about them that attracts you and keeps bringing you back to them? I thought about it but I still don't have the answer, it could be that we forget about all of the asinine things they did or the times you were sure he had an evil twin brother.
This brings me to another interesting subject; I found out on Saturday that my friend Tomas is dating his ex-boyfriend again. They broke up about 9 months ago and they were both miserable for a major part of it. I did not know him while they were dating so I only have his side of the story but I did meet his ex about a year and a half ago at a friends party and he is a total and complete ass. The guy is rude, inconsiderate, overly-sensitive....the guy has no personality, wait, that is not true, he has a BAD personality. Anyway, it seems Tomas was going to keep him a secret until he figured out where the whole thing was going. Tomas and I were talking on the phone about our plans for the weekend and when it came down to telling me what he was doing on Saturday he was extremely secretive so I knew something was up. He finally broke down on Saturday and called me to tell me he had a date with his ex. I really don't get it!! But it is not for me to question, I am just here to listen and observe.

Here is a recap of my weekend:
Friday:
My nephew had a birthday party at Main Event and it was AWESOME. I know I was suppose to be there to help chaperone the kids but I had such a great time. The laser tag was definitely the best event, it was a great way to get your heart rate up and a good way to get some aggression out. I decided that if I ever call in sick I want to go and spend a few hours there playing games.

I saw the movie Mean Girls with my friend Ivan and his roommate Jennifer, it was cute, predictable, and funny. I liked it, it is not the kind of movie I usually like to watch but I really enjoyed it.

Saturday:
Shopping, lots of shopping. I am looking for an entertainment center. I found three that I am interested in, one of them was at the Old Home Supply Store but they want way to much. I also found one at Pottery Barn type store but it won't be on sale until August or September. The third one was at the Lemon House, I don't know why I go there...every time I do I end up regretting it. This time the owner followed me around and told me story's of her son and the cult he belongs to. Not exactly pleasant conversations. I may call a guy I talk to every once in a while and see if he has anything, he owns a cabinet making business and he re-finishes antiques. He always has good stuff available...But it is a bit pricey.

I also had the opportunity to see Margaret Cho this weekend. She was so funny, I may have to use some of her material :) Seyd and Ash had an extra ticket so they called and invited me at the last minute. I was already in Arlington so I was able to make it on time. After the show I ran into two guys from the past. It was strange to see them again.

Sunday: My Day!!!
Was very productive, I cooked for the week, worked on the weeds in my yard and planted some flowers. I am not sure what to do about the weeds, they seem to be taking over. I went to Lowe's and bought a weed killer but I woke up this morning and all of my weeds were still there. I bought an extra bottle just in case the first one didn't work. If they are still there on Wednesday I am planning on doing the whole thing over again. Damn those weeds, I will get rid of them. That is my promise!!!

I guess I had a lot more to say than I thought.

No comments: