Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Don't Try This At Home

Although I have admitted to being ahorrible cook and later bragged about being a good cook I am officially saying I suck! No, I mean it. I am not saying it to get sympathy or compliments. I mean it. I SUCK!

Last week I found a recipe for turkey burgers with mango chutney. I love mango chutney so I was really looking forward to trying it out. The recipe called for mango chutney, sour cream, and other ingredients I had around the house so it wasn't a big deal. I followed the recipe's instructions and did everything it wanted me to but it didn't work. It was soggy and not firm enough to make patties. I was very disappointed that all that food went to waste. And even more that we had to go out and buy dinner.

B and I made a pact when we first started dating. If one of us cooked and it wasn't good then we would just go out to dinner. In the year and a half we have been dating yesterday was the first time we ever had to put the fact into effect. There have been many times when we were cooking grilled chicken or something equally unexciting and had cravings for a good hamburger or tacos when I wished the food would burn but it never happened.

So last night Lucy (the dog) and I voted that B would be the official cook of our house hold. I hope B is okay with that. We haven't told him yet.

5 comments:

Martinez Family said...

I just hate cooking. Period. And the cleaning up afterward. I'm not really bad at it, just don't like it.

P.S. You probably could've added some flavored bread crumbs to soak up the sogginess. That would've salvaged the dish. Not sure how tasty it would've been.

Topher said...

Cooking is a pain sometimes but has to be done (T_T) Will send you this one recipe I have for beef with Sweet peppers, fairly easy recipe and you'll have to tell me how it goes :)

Just Me said...

FWMama: Good thing your hubby likes to cook.
I did add bread crumbs but I would have had to add the whole box. It was doomed from the beggining.

Kris: Send me the recipe and I will pass it on to B to try :) J/K I will try it and let you know how it goes.

Legolas said...

Did Lucy want to try the food you cooked?

Just Me said...

Lucy was hiding from us to make sure we didn't make her eat it. J/K. We try not to give her human food. I do give her lots of veggies and fruit though.