Monday, July 28, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Saturday was B's birthday and we both took Friday off to rest and relax a bit before the big party on Friday night. His friend came in from out of town on Friday around noon and we all went to lunch and grabbed some margaritas.

We had some of B's closest friends over at our place for some drinks and food and later we met the rest of the group at a restaurant for drinks. When we got there the place was a mad house. The restaurant was bursting at the seams and there was people waiting for over 2 hours to be seated. When we got there we found out that the restaurant had given up our reservations and now we had to wait like everyone else. I was PISSED. We were early, they had called to confirm our reservations because we had 52 people in our party, and I had stopped by earlier to drop off a cake so they knew we were coming. After speaking to the managers several times I found them all to be complete idiots who lacked communications skills so we had to go to plan B. Since we were just having drinks we took over the bar area (which was already over crowded) and decided that would be our new plan, stand around and drink. I think (hope) everyone had a good time, I know I did. We left there and walked over to a gay bar a few blocks over where we had more drinks and met up with more friends. Over all the whole night was a success and B had a great time.

Saturday we slept in a little and got up and cooked breakfast before his friend left back home. Later that night I took B out to dinner and then we went to the movies to see Mama Mia. The movie was okay and Pierce Brosnan was horrible in the movie. He can't sing, I am not sure why he was playing the part.

Sunday we slept in until noon and headed to a pool party around 1:30. It was way to hot to be out in the sun so we were just there for about 1.5 hours and then headed home.

I also picked up several books on Sunday and I started reading The Zahir by Paulo Coelho and it's a realy good book.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Legolas said...

I guess I would've scream and shout at the manager until he got the 52 seats they promised.

You're too kind.

Martinez Family said...

That's ridiculous...them giving up your reservation. 52 people are a lot. If they were worrying about you not showing up, they should've asked for a credit card or deposit beforehand. I'm glad you had fun anyway. Happy Birthday B!