Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Update

It's time for a weekend update!

Friday night is our "stay home and relax" night since we have to get up at 5 a.m. to go running on Saturdays. Saturday we went for a run and we only had to run 3 miles. A few months ago running 3 miles was a huge deal, now I am relieved when I see the schedule and see we only have to run 3 miles.

After the run we ran errands and went to Costco to prepare for Ben's birthday party. While we were there we purchased The Perfect Pushup. I am sure you have all seen the infomercials on t.v. and I have been wanting one for a while and since they are a lot cheaper at Costco we decided to get one. In a few months I will be ripped. haha

We were suppose to go to a party for a friends boyfriend birthday but the party was about an hour away from where we live so we decided to skip it and have some people over for dinner. We invited two friends over and they brought 3 bottles of champagne, dessert, and a plant. Isn't that nice? Who brings plants anymore? After dinner we ended up playing monopoly and drinking 4 bottles of champagne and 2 bottles of wine. It was a lot of alcohol but it was 4 of us so it's really not much more than we would have drank had we gone out to the bars.

On Sunday B drove to Austin for work so we went and grabbed breakfast and I dropped him off at the car rental place. I then went to the mall looking for a gym bag, for some reason my old gym bag smells really bad. I washed it several times and it still smells so I decided to get a new one. Unfortunately I didn't find one but I did do some other impulse buys while I was there.

Later that day I went to my nieces pool party where I got to spend time with the family and see family I haven't seen in years.

Over all it was a good weekend.

6 comments:

Legolas said...

So nice. I always hope I can get my own place and invite friends over.

Martinez Family said...

Sounds like you had fun. Sigh. I miss having my best neighbor down the street to drink wine with. I've resorted to buying wine in the little juice boxes. Since Loving Husband won't drink with me, there's no use buying a bottle that'll go stale before I finish it.

Just Me said...

Legolas: It will happen. I think you are still fairly young right? Or yonger than me anyway.

FWMama: Sounds like you need to drink the whole bottle :)
I haven't seen wine in little juice boxes, that is cute. Where do you get that?

Martinez Family said...

Tarzhay, baby. They've got this line of wines called "Wine Cube."

Topher said...

Sounds nice, always good to spend time with the fam and friends... Has the perfect pushup came in yet? Belated Happy Bday to Ben!!

Just Me said...

Kris: We actually picked it up at the store and it's pretty good. I haven't used it as much as I should but I have used it :)