Monday, March 15, 2004

It was a weekend...a long weekend. Those are not words you hear often but I will give you some time to digest.

I tried the whole cooking thing again this weekend and I have decided I am a horrible cook. Horrible. I was trying out a new recipe from a magazine and I did everything exactly as the recipe called for, or so I thought, and at the end it didn't quite taste right. My friends Sarah & Will come over right as I was about to finish and we looked at the recipe again...apparently "let stand" means turn off the flame. Why couldn't they just say that? While Will was there he went through other cooking terms that I will need to know if I am going to try this again. I am seriously considering sticking with making sandwiches and boiling water.

Will is going to come over next weekend and he is going to stay with me as I cook. I don't really want him to come over because when he does I usually just let him take over and does all of the cooking while I sit down drink wine with Sarah (Good Times) or I just watch. Hopefully that won't happen this coming weekend, we have already talked about it so hopefully we will both be able to refrain from "sticking" to our pattern.

Tomas kept saying that he would help me learn how to cook but to this date he has not done it. We have talked about it several times but when it comes down to it he doesn't do it. And I hate to ask him again, I don't want to be a bother. Hopefully with Will's help I will become the best Chef that ever walked FW. :)