Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sommelier

I went to a wine tasting this weekend and it was the best wine tasting I have ever been to. The winery is located downtown and you have the option of coming in and making your own wine, bottling, it and labeling it. It makes perfect Christmas gifts. It's a bit expensive, around $400 for 30 bottles but when you break it down it's only about $14 per bottle. Which is not all that bad.

Anyway, after about 6 bottles of wine we left and I started thinking about being a sommelier. I went home that night and tried to find information about where I could take classes but I couldn't find anything. On Monday I ran across this story about classes offered at one of the local community colleges through the International Sommelier Guild. The classes are a bit expensive but at this point I may be willing to pay for it.

I just want to do it for fun...so I am debating if it's worth it. I will let you know if I decide to sign up for the class. But where else can you go to class and drink while you learn?

1 comment:

dantallion said...

I really hope you do it - it sounds very interesting.