Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Obama for President!

In a previous post FWMama asked me to write about who I would be supporting for president.

I have been torn up to this point. But I made up my mind right before Iowa after hearing Hillary and Bill Clinton speak. In their speeches right before the primaries they seemed to have taken a page out of the Bush administration hand book and started using scare tactics to try to get people to vote for Clinton. Should we be afraid of voting for someone who they claim has no experience? Should we be afraid of change?

I am ready for change. As of now I am leaning towards Obama. His message is positive, he is young and vibrant and it's encouraging that he has been able to get young people to get out and vote.

What experience does Hillary have? She has been a senator but so has Obama. She was the first lady but in my opinion that does not qualify her to be president. She has never run a major corporation, she has never been a leader. So I am surprised by every one's support of Hillary because of her experience. I believe people are voting for Hillary because of Bill. Bill represents everything that Bush isn't and perhaps people are hoping we can go back to a pre-Bush time.

I was really glad Obama won in Iowa and I hoped he would win in New Hampshire and crush the Clinton campaign.

As for Hillary chocking up in a speech...I think it was all planned...the woman is cold and has no heart. It was all a ploy to appeal to women voters (who voted for Obama in Iowa) and it worked.

Who are you supporting for president?

3 comments:

porchmouse said...

Although I live in Canada, I have always followed US politics as well as the Presidential race ever since I can remember. In the last week or so I have really taken an interest in the Clinton vs. Obama and I would agree with you in saying I think her tears were a bit phony. Obama is pretty smooth. I'll keep you posted. Too bad I cannot vote.

Martinez Family said...

I'm leaning toward Obama, too. I could never support Clinton. She's a polarizing figure. I want someone who has at least some chance of building consensus.

KB said...

I'm still undecided, but I think Hilary is a good leader in some of the fields that I feel are important. I've read two of her books, and like many things that go uninvestigated, she has done a lot more than people realize she has. While Bill was in office, and all on her own too. And she's been involved in a lot of things that I find neccessary.

I am ready for change too. I'm ready for someone honesty. I don't ever want to hear the frickin' words "Stay the course" ever again.