Tuesday, April 20, 2004

I just arrived in DC and I love it!!!!
The flight was a little long but it was very smooth. I had to sit next to an old lady who fell asleep and kept snoring throughout the flight. Every now and then I would cough and she would wake up. I always get to sit next to old lady's and fat people on plane's....it is my destiny.
As soon as I checked into my hotel I went and checked out the town. I was surprised by the appearance of the city, it is a lot cleaner and a lot safer than what people make it out to be. There are people jogging at all hours of the day and night. I love it here. It makes me feel like I am in a mini-New York. Not as fashionable but still...very sophisticated and cultured.
Tonight I walked around the White House and I wasn't very impressed. It seems a lot smaller than it does on T.V. There are also a lot of homeless people lurking around the area. I liked the Federal Building a lot more, it has a lot more character than the White House.

That's day one of my trip.
Oh, one more thing. Food here is really expensive and things close really early. Around 9 p.m. I was looking for a restaurant for dinner and I could not find anything that was open. I finally found a Chinese place called China Dragon and it was EXPENSIVE. For a plate of food and a drink it was over $20. What kind of Chinese food is that? And it wasn't even that great. The coke itself was over $2. Crazy stuff.

No comments: