Friday, April 23, 2004

Day 4 of my DC trip:
Today I realized how boring compliance people are and it got me thinking, do I want to be part of this profesion? After careful consideration I have decided that I don't. I don't want to be part of boring compliance profesionals. What else I will do, I don't know.
The conference went well today. I met some more people and they all seemed fairly nice. I found the only other person in the whole conference that did not deal with high tech items and we had a nice chat. She gave me good suggestions and ideas for what we need to do with our compliance manual. Which I was suppose to finish this year but now that everything has been pushed back I don't think I will even get started.

I had to check out of the Washington Hilton today and move to a more reasonable hotel now that my employer is not paying for it. I checked my bags in and before I left for the conference and I decided that I would just pick them up after dinner when I was ready to head over to the new hotel. After the conference I had to swing by the FedEx office and ship the conference materials back home. I wasn't counting on the ACI people giving me TWO huge binders of information. There is no way I was going to walk around DC in the afternoon and cary those things with me.

Today I decided to keep it low key because I was so tired. I went back to the White House to take pictures in the day time but when I got there they had put up baricades due to the protest against the World Bank and the protest for Pro-Choice/Feminist/Equal Rights people. I don't think I got such good pictures today. I also went to the Federal building, the building I thought was better than the White House and it turns out I don't like it after all. For some reason I was thinking it was a French Rococco building painted in Red. The architecture is French but it is not red and it is not Rococco, after I saw it again today I lost my appreciation for the building.

By now it was close to 7 so I decided to head back to the first hotel and pick up my luggage. As I was hedding back it started pouring. I had 3 blocks to go so I decided to just start running, by the time I got to my hotel I was soaking wet. I hope I don't get sick.
I picked up my bags and went to my new hotel in Ballston (Virginia). I really like this place, it is about 10 minutes from Down Town Washinton by Metro but it has a totally different feel to it. The buildings are new and small..it feels like a down town L.A. with half the people. The hotel I am not to impressed with, when I got here their system was down so I had to wait for over 20 minutes in the lobby while they tried to figure it out. Tonight I am just going to sleep....not to exciting...but I am so tired.

No comments: