Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Oh Christmast Tree, Oh

The condo is finally fixed and everything is back where it belongs so we decided to go get a Christmas tree. It's a 6-7' real tree from Home Depo. Neither of us has a truck so we went Home Depo and picked it up in B's car and drove with a tree on the roof of the car for about 3 miles. It ghetto-fabulous. And I do have pictures.

We decorated the tree on Sunday and it's starting to look good. We need more ornaments which we will probably just pick up as we go along. We went to Garden Ridge last night and it was so picked over that we only got 4 new ornaments. I am going to try Target during a work "break" and I am going to swing by Pier 1 after work. Once the tree looks good I will post some pictures.

We are also having problems finding a tree topper. All the angels we have seen look cheap and all the stars we have seen are to sparkly. What do you use? Angels or stars?

3 comments:

porchmouse said...

We have a star. It's really nice and simple. Good luck on your search. Looking forward to pics.

Martinez Family said...

Star. And I had the same problem you did. I had to search the world over for a fairly simple star. Everything was super gaudy. I ultimately found one at Target.

KB said...

Angels. They are prettier. I did have to search for a good angel though. Took me like 3 years to find the one my mom has now.

Here's a good tradition to start. Get a new ornament every year, and put the date on the bottom. After the a while, you'll have a tree full of ornaments together! That's what I'm doing with DJ. So far we have 4. ;o)