Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Ladies who lunch

Did I mention I have been off of work since Friday of last week? Yes, I decided to take a few days of vacation and I have really enjoyed my time off. I haven't done much but I have really enjoyed everything I got to do. I was suppose to be in California during this time but that didn't work out so I just stayed home.

I drank way to much, I started drinking on Wednesday of last week and I have had a drink every day since then. Normally it is just one or two drinks, but that is still a lot of drinking. As of now, I have no plans to drink for the rest of the week.

My typical day has consisted of the following; getting up, going to the gym, meeting a friend for lunch, shopping, meeting a friend for dinner and/or drinks. Oh, I also tried to get some studying done during the week (not much though). It has been a very carefree week. I come and go as I please without having to rush to work, school, etc. It has been wonderful.

During lunch today I decided I want to be a lady who lunches. I met my friend for lunch at the restaurant in Neimans and there were so many ladies just shopping, having coffee and enjoying their day. Why can't I be one of those ladies? There are two issues right off the bat, 1. I am not a lady and 2. I don't have a rich husband or a husband for that matter. But wouldn't it be great to just enjoy your day without having to work for a living? Imagine all of the things you could do...all of the places you could see...imagine. I need to win the lottery so I too can be a lady who lunches.

6 comments:

Martinez Family said...

You don't really want to do that! You'd lose all sense of perspective. You'd become a shallow airhead that thinks the discontinuation of a favorite cosmetic line is a national emergency!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can totally relate to what you are saying. I always wish that. Shopping in an empty store, working out at the gym when it's not packed (not many guys to look at so no distraction), Champagne lunch at a fancy place... I'd love to become one of those ladies as well. I mean no work on weekdays? That's a treat. I hope you enjoy your time off. Take good care of your liver. :-)

KB said...

I wouldn't mind being an old rich lady who lunches. But I NEVER want to be one of those Stay at home mom's who bring their 5 kids out in the middle of the day, with their double wide stroller and get in the way while us lunchees are trying to get some errands ran.

OK. I might be a little bitter, but those women are anoying. Leave 4 of your 5 kids with your neighbor, and just take the one out. No one wants to see your kids in public. ha!

Martinez Family said...

Don't feel bad, kb. I totally understand--and I have a kid! Little ones are not equipped for three hour marathon shopping expeditions. A meltdown is inevitable.

Robert said...

I have a cousin who's kinda like that... She married a rich guy and from what I've heard, life's been bliss.

I'm thinking she prolly stresses out on things like... traffic, being late to her yoga class, etc. She doesn't work, or need to, and her brother calls her 'The Professional Consumer', something like that.

KB said...

kai, you never posted pics of the gifted underwear!