Monday, May 22, 2006

Not so sure.

So I had a pretty busy weekend. Oh, by the way...I got my sister a gift card. Not very creative but it was a last minute gift. The party was a lot of fun, there was a lot of people there and the food was soooo good. Everything was going well until my niece (who is 19) fell and broke her foot. She is doing fine but it put a damper on the atmosphere of the party. She had to be carried off and people kept coming by to ask me if she was drunk. For the 100th time I repeat SHE WAS NOT DRUNK!

I was also a speaker at a leadership program this weekend and I had a great time. I met the love of my life there. He is from Ghana and speaks with a beautiful accent. Have I mentioned I like accents? If he doesn't work out there was also a guy there from somewhere in Latin America who was cute and spoke with a deep voice. Sexy. (No Kerry...I am not really in love so these don't count towards your numbers.)

Sunday SM, WM, and EM came over. I went to high school with SM and WM and EM is their daughter. WM helped me do some stuff around the house like fixing my toilet, my ceiling fan, an electrical outlet, and my car brakes. SM and I just hanged out really, we were going to plant flowers but I didn't find anything I liked.

EM is 2 years old and I have NEVER met a child with so much energy. I have 14 nieces and nephews and not even the boys in my family are as energetic as she is. I was cleaning up after they left yesterday and I kept finding her little hand prints all over the place like on the counters, my dresser, etc. She is not that tall so I am not sure how she got up there.

It was a good weekend overall.

7 comments:

Martinez Family said...

Thanks for putting up with my little monkey. She fell asleep the minute we hit the freeway. We got home, put her to bed and she slept until 5:30 a.m.

She got up just in time to see me off for work yesterday. She looked up at me sweetly and said, "Go play a C's house?"

No honey. I think C has had enough of you for a while. We'll go play another time.

O-tay.

Robert said...

First off, I would LOVE to have a friend like WM. So handy. :-)

Sorry to hear about your niece. Poor thing. Ouch! So you were THE speaker of the house? What did you talk about? You mean like a motivational speaker? :-)

So you'll be in LA next week? 1 day!!! Ugh... Where will you be staying?

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a great weekend. If I had to be a speaker or some sort, it would be the worst weekend. I admire who can enjoy giving speach :-)

Topher said...

Oh wow, speaker at a leadership program eh. Way to goo Cesar. 14 nieces and nephews??? Umm, how many siblings do you have ? just wonderin

KB said...

Don't you mean LH and LO? So you basically used poor LH/WM to do your manual labor while you and SM sat around and partied. SM better have "paid" WM off pretty well once they got home!

Martinez Family said...

Trust me, kb. WM has a garage full of tools and he's always looking a project. He was in hog heaven. His only regret was that the chair rail project he and kai had planned didn't work out. He's still trying to figure out a way to make it work.

ça va pas la tête said...

wow love of your life. heheeh