Monday, May 15, 2006

Weekend

So this weekend was pretty exciting.

Friday I went to see the movie Akeelah and the Bee and it was really, really good. I even teared up a couple of times. If you haven't had a chance to see this movie you should go and see it in the big screen as soon as possible. It kind of reminds me of my days growing in the Los Angeles inner cities. Well, not really but it was so good that I felt I was part of it.

I don't really remember what I did on Sunday. I did go have breakfast with my friend Juan and then we went to the farmers market. The rest of the day is a blur.

On Sunday my friends SM and WM came over to help me plant some flowers. I have a black thumb. I have killed every plant I have ever been given. SM on the other hand has a green thumb so she came over to help me out. WM is her husband and he came over to help out, install the water purification system, and wheater stripper. As you can probably tell, I am not very handy around the house. Thank God for WM, my brother, and my brother-in-laws.

Here are some pictures of our day shopping for flowers.

The next few pictures are of a nursery by my place. It is right next door to farmers market, the fruit and the flowers are very reasonably priced.



I love the view of downtown. Isn't it great?



This is my cart, I am not sure what type of plants these are but they are pretty.




Another great picture.

No comments: