Friday, May 19, 2006

Have I mentioned....

I am really bad at giving gifts? Not necessarily giving them but choosing a gift for someone. I have to events coming up that I need to find gifts for and so far the only thing I can think of is gift certificates.

My sister is celebrating her 10th wedding anniversary and is renewing her vows this weekend. I have known about it for about 3 months but I can't think of anything to buy them. Wouldn't it be better to buy them an American Express gift card they can use where ever they want? You are right, probably not but I can't think of anything to buy them.

I am also having a little Thank You lunch for the volunteers that helped us with the two fundraiser last week and I want to get them a little something to say thanks but I can't think of anything. I may make them home made chocolates but I am not sure how well that will go over.

Any suggestions?

6 comments:

KB said...

Ummm... You're also bad at giving gifts. Remember my Christmas present that you never gave me? The facial that you used on yourself????

I personally love gift certificates! And if it's one of those Visa/Am Ex gift cards that's even better because they can use it anywhere not just at one store.

For the gifts maybe you could give them a Pineapple corer, and a pinapple. You could get cute little baskets, and make a gift basket with cute tissue and stuff. It's unique, and involves a yummy fruit!

Martinez Family said...

You're not going to get any help from me. I suck at picking out gifts. The only good presents my hubby ever got are ones he specifically requested. Otherwise, they were piss-poor. Luckily, he's always wanting a little something. So I usually don't have to worry about finding something to commemorate holidays, etc.

Dude, I know what you're getting for Xmas. Remember the pube trimmer I sent you the link for???? Now that's a good gift.

porchmouse said...

I am responding wicked late so by now you must have caved and given something as a gift...tell me tell me tell me...my long overdue advice is something homeade...for example, I like to bake so if conditions permit a little tin of something sweet is nice but not that big of a gift so that's only around the holidays...hmm...I'm no good at this either.

savante said...

Homemade chocolates for all would be easiest. Who doesn't like them!?

paul

Just Me said...

KB - OMG do you ever let something go? That was about 6 years ago.

I like the pineapple corer idea it sounds cute but I think I am sticking with the home made chocolate. I want to try out some new things.

SM - I want the pube trimmer. Get it for me :)

Sue - I got the gift card. I ran out of time to go be creative and I am going to stick with the chocolates.

Paul - I agree, I am giving them chocolates and a little something they can keep. Not sure what yet.

KB said...

Have I even known you for 6 years????