Friday, June 13, 2008

Never judge a book by it's cover

I was at the gym during lunch today and while working out a guy that is always there with who I thought was his lover comes over and asks about the big band-aid on my leg. The band-aid is covering up the big gash that I picked up while tubing. We make small talk and I learn that the guy who he works out with is straight and married with kids (no one would have ever guessed that), we went to the same school for our MBA, and he is a pharmacist.

Later he comes back as I am doing hammer curls and says:

Him: I forgot to tell you something really funny.
Me: (concerned about what it could be) Oh yea, what's that?
Him: I always see you coming in with your work clothes and I pegged you as a pharmacist. I thought 'he must work over at CVS'.
Me: (Laugh) No, I sure don't.

As he walks away I make a mental note: Start Dressing Better!

5 comments:

KB said...

That guy was totally hitting on you. Who comes back to say just that? And who comes over just to inquire about a band-aide.

I've seen you dress for work, and you dress well! No pharmacist would dress like you dress for work. Unless you have some sort of long white jacket you're wearing these days..

Just Me said...

KB: I think he was hitting on me also. He is supper old though.

I think I am a good dresser also but it's just an excuse to go shopping :) I am hanging out with a friend on Sunday and we already have plans to go shopping all day. Now I have an excuse to spend some money.

Just Me said...

KB: I think he was hitting on me also. He is supper old though.

I think I am a good dresser also but it's just an excuse to go shopping :) I am hanging out with a friend on Sunday and we already have plans to go shopping all day. Now I have an excuse to spend some money.

Martinez Family said...

Ugh. How...lame. This dude was definitely trying to pick you up. Ick. And you're a great dresser, by the way.

Just Me said...

FWMama: It was lame! I will see him again today. We will see if he tries to talk to me again.