Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mom

I know I need to post about tubing but I have another brief post. And besides, we haven’t uploaded the pictures yet so it will have to wait another few days.

So my mom has been staying with B and I this week. I picked her up on Monday and I took Tuesday off to spend with her. We really didn’t do much other than shopping and lots of cooking. It was nice just hanging out with my mom. Every time she comes into town she always makes me my favorite food. Chile con Carne and hand made flour tortillas. It’s the best comfort food and she makes me enough to last me a few weeks. Thank god for freezers.

Mom has been sleeping in our room and B and I have been sleeping in a blow up mattress in the living room. It hasn’t been comfortable but it’s been nice.

But that’s not really what I wanted to post about. Yes it’s been nice having my mom around and I enjoy spending time with her but I wanted to post about how comfortable she has gotten with the whole gay thing. She has been very supportive and has made a real effort to make B feel comfortable. The day we picked her up she gave him a little gift that she gave all of the son-in-laws and on Monday she gave him a little something also. It’s the little things, you know? I don’t need her to be a PFLAG mom or anything like that. I just want her to love me. And she does…and she always has. I never doubted it but it’s nice to see that she (along with the rest of my family) accepts me for who I am and who I choose to share my life with.

Anyway, I don’t really have the words to express how I feel but I wanted to share something. I think I am very lucky to have the family that I have.

1 comment:

Martinez Family said...

That's wonderful, Kai. Your mom is a great, great lady. I can speak from experience. It's so obvious that she's proud of you and loves you very much.