Friday, June 27, 2008

Contain Yourselves!

A friend invited me the grand opening/30th Anniversary celebration for The Container Store last night. And since Be is out of town on business I decided to tag along. I didn't know what to expect and I really didn't know what the event was for until my guest and I showed up at my friends place. That's when we learned it was all the way in Plano which is about 40 minutes from where I live and that they were expecting over 3,000 people. We get there at 7 p.m. and we see this:



It was at an actual store. Nice/Fancy? That is not the place I would have a party if I was celebrating my 30th anniversary but no big deal, it wasn't my decision. Other than the fact that it was at their store it turned out to be a nice evening. The food was amazing! They had little food stations set up throughout the store and the best part of it all is that they used items from the store to serve the food. So the caterers were walking around with a picture frame as their serving platter and we were eating out of things that you can actually find at the store. For example, they had Asian food and we ate that out of these take out boxes, soup was served in glass jars and dessert was served in clear amac boxes. I thought that was very creative and unique and a great way to get people to notice your products.

They even had a great live band and dance floor...and what's worse is that people were actually attempting to dance.



It was funny. There were more cougars than you could shake a stick at and they were all flirting with the young cute caterer boys.

It was fun but after a while we got a little bored. So we decided to practise our "I don't care" and "I am bored" looks like the bitchy queens we are. So we stood around for a good while trying to show my friend how to pull those looks off. Unfortunately there were other bitchy queens there that have the look down to a science. As we were walking past a group of them they gave us the I don't care and I am bored look in a combination and threw in sound effects. I must master that combination. Since we were beaten at our own game we decided to window shop and I found some pretty good deals. When was the last time you were at The Container Store? It's been at least a year for me and I was pleasantly surprised by what I found. Are you ready? It's not just containers! I found some great pet necessities like this pet travel container and this pet food scoop both of which I am going back to buy. I also found this tea storage box I am considering getting. And look at this bungee chair! It is so comfortable, especially after stuffing my face with all the food that passed my way.

Once we got bored with window shopping we found this great little device.



It lets you practise your fisting technique! See it's more than just containers.

2 comments:

KB said...

Thanks for that visual of fisting. I don't think I will ever be able to look at you the same again! ha!

I love the container store. I was just thinking the other day I needed some of those little amac containers for something. but I don't know what now. hmm...

There is not a container store anywhere near me either. Damn middle of nowhere dome.

Just Me said...

KB: You didn't like the fisting image? LOL