Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year New Me

New Years
I rang in the New Years at a friends house party. It was a lot of fun and I was surrounded by people I care about.

Today I slept most of the day. I did have a date tonight with a guy I have known for about 4 or 5 months. Nice guy, lives down the street from me and he is really cute. We have another date on Wednesday. Keep your fingers crossed, I am ready to fall in love and live happily ever after.

Resolutions
I did say i didn't make New Years resolutions but today I decided I was going to promise myself that I was going to allow others to "love" me and get close to me. So the next relationships I get into I will be more open.

I will also write more often on my blog. I promise.

Songs of 2006
The radio station in my city said the top song of 2006 was a song by Panic! At the Disco, I write Sins not Tragedies. Although I like this song I would like to make the following suggestions for the top songs of 2006 (in no particular order):

Paulina Rubio: Ananda (This is actually my favorite song of 2006)
Amerie: Take Control & Why don't we fall in love
Justin Timberlake : My love and What Goes around
India Arie: There's Hope
Nelly Furtado: The whole CD is awesome but I LOVE the song Say it Right
Ricky Martin: Tu Recuerdo ft LaMari (The song that plays when you go to his web page
Shakira: La Tortura and Hips Don't Lie
Brandy: Afrodisiac

So those are my selections. What were your favorite songs from 2006?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your resolutions! There are so many songs I liked last year... I am sorry if I am being so gay but I liked Ain't No Other Man by Christina Aguilera. I so liked dancing to it at clubs. :-) Happy new Year!

Martinez Family said...

In 2006, the soundtrack to my life was my Very Best of Ray Charles CD.

porchmouse said...

Oohh....so much to think about. I liked:
SexyBack - Justin Timberlake (I love the Justin)
When we were Young - The Killers (I love the Brandon Flowers)
do you see a trend?
Irreplaceable - Beyonce (never been a big Beyonce fan but I love this song)
How to Save a Life - the Fray
The whole James Blunt cd
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

That's it for now...I'm sure there are plenty more! Great idea, might have to steal it for my blog. :)

Topher said...

The only songs I know from this list are Nelly's. When I first heard Promiscious, I didn't listen to it much and just thought great, she went Hip-Hop now, but I do love it now, after hearing it on the radio.

How To Save A Life reminds me of 2006..Oh, and to da left to da left.. lol