Monday, January 15, 2007

The Nearness of You

I met someone and we have been faux dating since January 1st of this year. We get together go to dinner, ice cream, movies, jogging, etc.

People are starting to talk.

While we were out in a hip-and-trendy ice cream shop we ran into two people we know who then invited us to go have dinner to celebrate one of their birthday's. We turned them down because we already had other plans. Out of this little encounter, rumors started flying, "Are they?", "Are they not". And we both started getting emails and calls from people we haven't heard from in months fishing for information. The official response is "We are just friends."

We have our first real date on Saturday. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I have had a crush on him for such a long time and from what I learned last night he has had a crush on me for a while too.

I cooked dinner for him last night. I screwed it up but I called an ex and he helped me recover my food disaster and it turned out to be a great dinner. After dinner we just sat on the couch and talked for hours. I love the newness of a relationship. When you are still getting to know the person and everything they say is interesting and everything they say is worth holding on to.

2 comments:

porchmouse said...

Hey! Tell stories about the storm...if you are stuck at work, are you catching up on reading blogs as no one else is around? Is this normal weather this time of year or a freak storm?

savante said...

Ooh. Love is in the air.