Saturday, August 23, 2008

Over Achievers!

We had our running group this morning, as I mentioned in my previous post, and I was a little concerned since we have not been keeping up with the running. Today's run was an whopping 8 miles.

We normally run around a lake and when we got to our turn around point my over achieving running group decided to run the whole distance around the lake. I wasn't very happy about it and neither was B since he was sick yesterday and throwing up...but what a trooper he was still up this morning and ready to run.

Anyway, by the time we finished we had run 9.5 miles. That is the most I have ever run in a single day and surprisingly I felt like I could have run for a bit longer once I got to the finish point. I am convinced that if I can do 9.5 miles I can totally do the half marathon I have signed up for in December.

And yea, I am bragging a little. :)

3 comments:

Legolas said...

Oh! Marathon! I'll run off the track before the finishing line I think.

Martinez Family said...

Go you! Kick some butt.

Just Me said...

Legolas: There were several times where I wanted to call a cab and have him pick me up. Especially when your feet start to ache. But it was worth it. It totally made my weekend!

FWMama: Thanks. I am so excited about it now. I can't wait for the end so I can kick some half marathon ass!