Monday, August 04, 2008

Confusion

So I came back to work after lunch and I found a box sitting next to my co-workers desk. I thought about going over there and saying "What's going on? Did you get fired?" but as soon as I walked to her desk I realized her personal belongings were gone and there was nobody else around for me to find anything about.

I later find out over 2/3 of the people in our department (made up of 5 smaller departments) were let go. Out of the 5 departments our department is the one that was able to keep 5 of our people, most other departments no longer excist and 2 other departments were left with one person.

We no longer have a department, we just have a group of people who are all strugling to figure out what is going on. Tomorrow our department will be restructured and we will all know where we end up and what our new responsibilities are.

So my job search begins. Keep your fingers crossed and send some positive energy my way.

7 comments:

Topher said...

Whooo, that's crazy.. They didn't even let everybody what was going on!? Good luck in whatever happens!! It'll work out for ya Kai :D

Martinez Family said...

Damn. I hate to hear that were in the same boat. That really sucks. But you're so talented, I know you'll find something better soon.

Legolas said...

Well, they could at least tell people up front? Or maybe they didn't tell you cause they need you?

Just Me said...

Kris: Nobody knew. Not even our manager knew. It was a complete shock to everyone. The rumor is that they will be laying people off for the next month. They say our department is done...but I am not to sure.

FWMama: I looked last night and there wasn't anything out there for me. I wish the economy was in a better place.

Legolas: I agree. If I am to be layed off I would rather they call me at home before I come to work so I don't have to waste my time.

KB said...

Wow. the feds finally figured out what you were doing over there eh?
ha! just kidding.
That is scarey! But your totally a catch in that market, so you shouldn't have a problem finding another job. Remember all the times they increased your salary to get you to stay. You're completely marketable.

Just Me said...

KB:I am marketable but the problem is that there is nothing out there.

Martinez Family said...

I hear you, Kai. I've got all the credentials, but there's not a damn thing out there. That's why I'm riding this boat until it sinks.