Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Dining Adventure

I made plans to go out to dinner with a friend last night to catch up and have a drink to relieve some of the stress of our jobs. We met up at 8 p.m. at his place were we had a bottle of champagne before we decided on what restaurant to go to, we chose a new restaurant that is not even worth mentioning. We arrive and we are practically seated on the laps of the table next to us. We were given menus and the menu consisted of appetizers only. So we decided to finish our drinks and go.

We choose another place and drove there...whe ordered a drink and we were informed the kitchen had closed...so we move on to 3 other restaurants whose kitchens have all closed. We finally end up finding a restaurant that is open late and we end up having dinner at 11 p.m.

It was an adventure...and we had a good laughs and lots to drink. I woke up this morning and I was still a bit drunk but I needed a night of fun.

4 comments:

Legolas said...

Kitchens closed so early? That's strange.

porchmouse said...

your stories are always the funniest, it's like I can picture this in my head.

KB said...

Was your watch right? Because that's aweful early for kitchens to close. Were you in some sort of hole the wall joints? Did you go to Old South for dinner then? ha ha ha!

I haven't had a fun night out in a long time and probably won't have one for a longer time to come. :o( sniff sniff sniff.

Just Me said...

Legolas: It was a Tuesday and I was in one of the little suburbs. Things close early.

Sue: Haha. Thanks. You need to blog more :)

KB: It was right. I was in Oakcliff and it was also a random Tuesday night so most places don't have a lot of business.