Friday, October 28, 2005

Smelly Candle Lady

There is a lady two doors down from my boss’s office that has a candle on all of the time. It is the worst candle smell ever. It is one of those .99 cent store candles that use cheap scented oil and even cheaper wax. I don’t know how to describe the scent other than cheap and oily. It is horrible.

I think I mentioned before that we are running out of room in our building so there are conference rooms with 3 to 4 people in them and Smelly Candle Lady shares an office with another lady. I don’t know how the other lady stands it, if it was me I would have already asked her to turn it off. Maybe I should drop off a good candle on her desk and put everyone around her out of their misery.

I walked by her office about 15 minutes ago and I can still smell the candle. It is horrible.

KB - do you remember how you felt when you sat next to Bad Perfume Lady? Well, it is 100 times worse.

1 comment:

KB said...

Have you ever noticed how, after working at Pier 1, your candle standards are much higher? I have noticed this with some of the people around here that also burn cheep 99 cent candles. We're not even supposed to burn candles in this building. Some idiot could burn the building down.

I seriously have thought about calling the facility services and turning them in. Nasty smells give me a bad headache, and I have actually left this place and puked on my way out. I think it's just rude for people to burn candles at work! Not everyone loves the smell of their cheap ass candles.

Hmmm... I think I might be a little grouchy today or something. :o) Oh well!