Sunday, October 09, 2005

My First Week on the New Job

I started my new job on the 5th of October and I love it so far. The commute is not as bad as I thought it was going to be and I am still figuring out new shortcuts to avoid traffic.

I am still not entirely sure what my new company does. I know what I will be doing and how it affects other areas of the company but I am not sure what those other areas are.

My first few days were spent doing training and getting to know everyone I will be working with. My group is in one building and I am in a completely different building so training hasn't been very convenient. I can't wait for them to let me loose so I can stay in my office all day long.

Speaking of offices, did I mention my office is HUGE? I am on the same floor as some of the big wigs of the company and the legal team and they all have huge offices. I have already been warned that my set up is temporary until they figure out what building my team will be working from. My department is fairly new (6 months old) so we are still in limbo.

I think I am going to love it here.

No comments: