Thursday, September 02, 2004

Proposition - NO MORE Bush and other ramblings

I was reading a news summary in the Dallas Voice titled Australian gays upset by new marriage law claim island, declare independence. A group of gay people in Australia who were upset on a ban over same-sex-marriage have taken over an uninhabited island in Australia. Their official flag is the rainbow flag (of course) and they will soon start printing pink money.

After watching the Republican Convention I want to do the same thing. Especially after President Bush's comment about how judges should not impose their personal beliefs on the country. What the fuck is this asshole doing? He is doing the exact same thing, he wants to impose his religions convictions on the rest of the world. I don't agree with him on abortion, I don't agree with him on the war, and I definitely don't agree with him on gay rights.

I have a proposition, I propose that we stop paying our taxes until we (gay and lesbian community) are treated and given the rights we deserve. Or we go find our own little island and declare independence.

I think it is going to take something drastic for this president to take notice and recognize we are an important part of this country. I feel like my hands are tied, I wish I could do something to speed this process along. Who knows, maybe with time we will have change. I don't want to wait that long. I will continue to be as active as I can and hope that others do the same thing.

If you are reading this, I hope you go out to the polls in November and vote for a change. Vote for Kerry.

1 comment:

KB said...

Yes! Vote for me!

I liked what he had to say about defending the US against terrists and stuff. But did anyone else notice that is about all he had? His speech focused on the war. Maybe that's because if he tried to go into detail about his "plans" for reforming the economy, the world would quickly notice that he has no plan. All he cares about is fighting with other countries. I think that is only part of what a president needs to be focused on. We need to be safe from Terrorism yes. But we also need to be building our economy to be the best it's ever been. It shouldn't be one or the other.