Friday, September 14, 2007

Expensive Lesson

I learned an expensive lesson.
 
I have been having electrical issues at home over the last few months and I figured it was time to have a professional come out and take a look at my issue before my place burned down.
 
All three lights in my dinning room flicker when I turn them on. Two of them stopped working completely. I figured it was an electrical short an called the electrician for an estimate for that and a few other things that I have never bothered with.
 
When the guys doing the work show up, they look at my lights, at the light switch, at me and said "The reason your lights flicker is because you can't use those energy efficient light bulbs with dimmer switches."
 
I paid to have someone come out and tell me that. Can you believe that? Learn from my mistake, if you have a dimmer DO NOT INSTALL THE ENERGY EFFICIENT LIGHT BULBS!
 
While they were they did fix some other stuff though. So I guess it was worth it.

1 comment:

KB said...

OMG! You are such a helpless boy! Didn't you read the package? They tell you right on the package what you can and can't use them for. so how much did it cost you? Were they hot?