Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Weekend Update

I don't post as much as I should. I was thinking about that last night as I was doing my laundry and watching a movie at home.

B and I went to NYC this past weekend and we had a great time. We said we weren't going to do any of the touristy stuff and we were just going to take it easy but we ended up doing way to much.

We got there on Thursday and we went to the Brooklyn Philharmonic. That was really nice. After we just walked around the city.

Friday we went out to dinner at a really nice restaurant and after we took a yacht tour around the NY harbor. It was really nice. The view of the city at night was amazing. The yacht was kind of empty, there were about 20 people there, and we had whole side of the yacht to ourselves. It was nice and romantic. B loves Champaign so I picked up a bottle of Champaign on our way down there.

Saturday we saw Les Miserables. It was really good. B had never walked around Central Park so on our back from Harlem we walked through Central park for a couple of hours.

We also got some shopping in, we at Sylvia's Soul Food Restaurant (where Bill Clinton eats), walked the Brooklyn Bridge, walked around Brooklyn Heights, went to the NBC Today Show concert in the Square where we heard KT Tunstall, went out to a couple of bars and did some other stuff.

Somewhere along the way B picked up an accent. It's this Italian/New Yorker sleazy guy voice that he does and every time he does it I get chills all over my body. Not the good kind, the bad kind…so he has been doing it a lot. It's kind of funny.

That is it. I am back at home trying to get back into the swing of things. Next stop….Los Angeles. We are going for my nieces QuinceƱera in September. That should be tons of fun.

4 comments:

butterfly said...

sounds like you guys had a blast!

sorry i hadn't been by in a while, but i'm back in the blogger world again. remember to take my bloggazing 101 off your list - my site changed. :)

porchmouse said...

I'm wondering if maybe blogging is strictly a fall/winter activity now as I have been out of the loop as well. Your trip sounds amazing! Brad and I keep saying we must go NYC but hotels seem to cost tonnes of $. Did you guys stay in the city? Do you mind me asking where? Flights aren't too bad from here...maybe we should go. Post some pics if you have them! Cheers!
Sue

Topher said...

Oh wow, you went there already!? That sounds like a good trip. Really cool you got to see KT. I heard she's really awesome live.

Chris said...

Hello, you have a wonderful blog, but I can't find your email address, can you please contact me at linkexchange@edenfantasys.com? I have something to discuss with you
Regards, Chris
(Please can you delete this comment after your decision?)