Thursday, February 08, 2007

Valentines & Flowers

I got home yesterday after work and I had flowers sitting by my front door. They were in a beautiful vase and the card read “Thank you for being a wonderful person. xoxoxo”

Isn’t he sweet? He has been sick with the flu and I have been taking care of him, bringing him soup, getting him medicine, etc. Have I mentioned I like him a lot? And yes, we are officially boyfriends.

I have a dilemma. Valentines is coming up and I don’t know what to get him. He paid for the restaurant we are having dinner and it was a bit pricy. I have offered to pay but he won’t take my money.

The dilemma is that I don’t know what to get him for Valentines. I was thinking of getting him cuff links but that isn’t enough. Do you have any ideas?

5 comments:

Robert said...

What about your virginity? ehehe. I know, I'm just a perv. Cheat shot!

Anyway, there's always a dilemma on VD! That's why I stop observing it. I just buy a card and pretty much it. As in your case, what about a weekend getaway? Offer to drive out and spend a weekend somewhere, yet close by. Or don't do anything, you're not obligated to repay him right away, cuz in the long run, you'll have plenty of time anyway. Just enjoy!

Martinez Family said...

OMG! Flowers and it's not even the big day yet!

Cuff links would be nice, but why don't you book a class for the two of you at Central Market or something like that. Something that would be fun and entail a nice meal. Might kind of make up for the pricey meal he paid for. And you'll have something to look forward to.

Really, though, you shouldn't worry about it too much. This guy seems genuine. I'll bet all he really wants for VD is YOU. So don't stress too much.

porchmouse said...

Buy candy love hearts and leave them around his apartment if you have access, the ones with the little messages on them that kids buy.

KB said...

I'd want a hot air balloon ride. That's romantic.

savante said...

How about something DIY? Make something with your own hands and give it to him.