Friday, March 18, 2005

I figured out why The Straights get married

My brother has been visiting this week for Spring Break and all week long he has been cleaning and cooking. When I get home from work or from whatever activity I have going on there is something in the refrigerator waiting for me. I had pork chops one night and steak the other. Who could ask for anything else? And it really wasn’t all about the food, it was more about sharing household chores. He cooks, I clean, I take out the trash, etc.
So I was thinking, is this why The Straights get married? Two people, half the work. It makes total sense to me. Although some (especially women) would argue that women do most of the work, the fact that you have two people working towards the same goal makes things so much easier. This whole sharing responsibility thing is wonderful. I have made a decision. A decision that I hope to keep. I, CR, will get married or move in with someone within the next year…or 2…or 10. Yes, within the next 10 years. Imagine how much more convenient my life would be.

That is it, my petition to for The Gays to get married is the mail.

2 comments:

KB said...

My God! You've figured us out! The only reason I maried Darin is so I'd have someone else share in the household chores. ;o)

Although, I must say it is nice from time to time, you also have to remember that having another person in the house also means it is going to get messed up more often as well. When D isn't around, I don't have dishes pile up on the counter, because I put them in the dishwasher right away. When D isn't around, I also don't have a stack of laundary laying on the floor in front of the washer, because it takes me a lot longer to build up a load than he does. I also, wash my cloths before I get a massive build up. So both these things are irritating to me when D is around.

Oh, and another thing, Vaccumming. You have to vaccum all the frickin time with a boy in the house. Especially mine I think. He's always tracking in mud or dirt. I even put out a rug for him to step on before taking off his shoes, but it still gets everywhere!

On Darin's side though, he always has cooked meals waiting when he comes home, and the bathroom is always clean (except for the toilet which I make him clean), and of course, all the free sex...

I think the straights get married because we aren't so bright. We get married because we are all in love and crap, and don't realize the mess it's going to make of our household! ha!

Anonymous said...

southern california home builder
Information => southern california home builder