Tuesday, October 19, 2004

People...people..who need people...

I stayed home today because I was not feeling well. I woke up late, did some homework, took a nap, I did all of the things you should do when you are home but really should be at work. :)

I am not normally at home during the day and I am sure that neither are any of you that read this, but do you guys realize how many people come around and ring your doorbell while you are gone?
Just today I had Nanette(?) come by and try to sell me magazines.
Jim came by and tried to sell me service for cable.
And I had religious people come by and invite me their church.

So I started to think, what if they really weren't with these organizations and were just the decoy to come to your house, find out if someone was home, and if nobody is home they call their back up and the take everything you own. What if?

Can you tell I am bored? Staying home is not as fun as I thought it was going to be but I did get a lot done.

People, People who need people. Are the most wonderful people.....(sing along with me).

3 comments:

Just Me said...

For you...Anything!!!!

KB said...

Funny. I stayed home on Monday because I wasn't feeling very well, and came to an interesting conclusion myself. There are a lot of "non working" folks out there. Now, I live in an apartment building that is made up of young couples. No kids are in my building. So I find it weird that my upstairs neighbor was clomping around at 9:30 when I was trying to sleep.
(Trying to continue my sleep I should say, if we're being honest here.)
Then I noticed how many cars are out in the lot at 11:00 when I finally ventured out to go to the store to buy cereal and milk. (After all, I needed my fiber to make myself well.)
How do these people do it? Here I am, I work 8 hours a day, (most days it's more like 9 or more.) And I can't even fathom not having a job to pay for the things that I need! It's amazing. Amazing I tell you!

Just Me said...

I would like to know what line of work they are in. Maybe we are all in the wrong industry.