Monday, December 22, 2003

I have THE traditional Mexican family. The holidays are here and I have A LOT of family members visiting from out of town. I thought it was going to be GREAT to have everyone together again but after a few days of spending time with them I realize that as much as I love them I love my "Me" time more. Don't get me wrong, I love the parents, the siblings, and nieces and nephews but after a few hours of visiting I think it is time for you to go home. When you come over for lunch and you are still around for dinner.....that is way to long. I always say I am going to go on some exotic vacation during the holidays but it never happens. I think of all of the fun I would have missed out on and at the end I decide to go where the family is. How can one miss out on all of the food, the laughter, and the look on the kids faces when they open their gifts on Christmas eve. Those are just some things I can't pass on. Not yet anyway, perhaps when I have a family of my own it will be a necessity but until then I figure that I might as well enjoy it.

I am glad they are here, I have not seen my parents in a few months and I have not seen one of my sisters in about a year. I love the time I can spend with my brothers and sisters without their husbands and their kids. It reminds me of the days when we were all young and use to have so much fun together. Whenever we get together we bring up all of the mischief we use to cause and everyone always walks away the pain you get in your stomach from laughing to much. Do you know that feeling?

No comments: