Monday, November 16, 2009

A Year? Really

I was just looking at my blog, I tend to do that every so often just to remember the things that happened or the thoughts I was having at a particular point in my life, anyway, I just realized that the last time I made a post was in November of 2008. It seems that a lot of things have happened since then.

I switched jobs last September and I may be laid off soon. And it seems that this job completely turned my world upside down.

I am going to blame it on my schedule. I work 9 hours a day and 4 hours on Friday. Although it's only an extra hour a day I am whipped out by the time I get home and I don't really want to do anything. Right now I get to work at 6:30 and work until 4 and I have been talking about changing my work hours but I still haven't done it.

When I was at my old job I use to go to the gym during lunch and I was doing pretty good. I was going about 4 or 5 times a week and I had lost about 12 lbs. Then I changed jobs and I was just to tired and unmotivated to go to the gym. I stopped running when I tore my calf muscle and fractured my leg. I could still work out but I just got lazy. I lost most of my weight by running and I was running about 10 miles on Saturdays and about 15 miles during the week but once I got injured I just sat on the couch and ate my feelings. I was really depressed about not being able to run. I was training for a half marathon and I was a few weeks away from my race so I got moody and depressed especially since my running friends were still talking about the race. I am back in the gym and I have lost a few lbs. I just need to loose 8 more lbs and I will be back to my ideal weight.

I am taking a boot camp and I am really enjoying it. It's on Wednesday's and Saturdays and the trainer kicks my butt every week.

So since I wasn't working out I was doing a lot of watching t.v. and a lot of reading. Are you a member of www.goodreads.com? It's the best website ever. I just read The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown but I didn't really like it. It was the same as his last two books and I was pretty bored with it after a while. I am about to read A cup of Green Tea.

That is all for now or this post will be several pages long.

It's good to be back blogging.

No comments: