Monday, September 29, 2008

First Day at Work!

Today was my first day at work and it was interesting. Did I mention I would be working with a lot of military people? Yea, they are different. I spent the first two hours today being recruited into the military and learning how great the military is and all of the benefits they have. I was ready to walk out. After I got to my department, me and a person out on medical leave, it was better.

I spent all day trying to get a hang of the stuff they do and the products they sell. They are all military/defense in nature so it's really sensitive and I really can't talk about it. I will say that it's completely different from what I am use to and it will take a while to get the hang of it. I like it so far and everyone seems really nice.

Since there is nobody there I am trying to learn everything on my own so it's a little hard but I am trying my best.

Oh and my office is nice and big. I just have to decorate a little. I may go buy a plant this weekend or something to give it some color.

First day down...

5 comments:

Topher said...

Congrats on the new job!!! Awww, you'll get to deal with men in uniform ;) Oh, did I tell you how great it was in the mil!? All the benefits, the perks :P

Oh yea, everything's locked down. That's crazy how they block every good website known to men.

Martinez Family said...

You'll do great, once you're over the learning curve. I feel for you. It's weird here at my job. I'm doing the same thing...yet it's totally different.

That sucks not having access to blogger, etc. Try to blog on the weekends, K?

Just Me said...

Kris - All of the men are old. Really old.

FWMama - It will get better. It has been a tough two days.

KB said...

I'm so out of it. Did you quit or get fired? email me

Just Me said...

KB - I quit.